iTunes Canada

Friday Top 5: Instrumental Songs


I remember sitting in a coffee shop along time ago and having a conversation about music, and the guy I was with started ranting about how he hated instrumental parts in concerts. How it ruined the show for him to watch the musicians do their thing. I felt like slapping him. Watching amazing players do their thing and jam out without worrying about lyrics and just having fun is one of the best part of any live performance. If you don't agree, we can't be friends. I'm sorry.

Some days I just like to kick back and listen to some awesome music. When I'm deep in doing my designing or playing games I like to have some amazing music in the background to jam to without finding myself singing along. So, in honor of that, here are my top 5 favorite instrumental based songs/artists!




5. Apocalyptica - Nothing Else Matters

Nothing beats taking an amazing metal song and turning it to classical style strings. So amazing and beautiful. I love it. Apocalyptica was one of the firsts and still holds up to amazing standards. Enjoy.



4. String Tribute to Tool - Schism

I LOVE me some Tool. Seriously, I don't show it much, but I am a huge Tool fan. Add to it some amazing string work and I'm a puddle on the ground. They've released a few tributes to Tool albums and each of them are amazing. I highly suggest buying them all and just enjoying it.



3. Godsmack - Batalla De Los Tambores

First time I saw this DVD I was floored. Then this came on and I creamed my pants twice. Not gonna lie. This was epic beyond all comprehension and I don't think anyone could have done it better. Two drum kits, two drummers, epic guitar work and the energy is amazing. Not to mention the incorporation of such classic song riffs and drum beats. Excuse me while I watch it again. And again...


2. Bond - Explosive

For many years now, Bond has been my number one band to go to when I'm looking for instrumental amazing tunes. These ladies blow my mind. The sound is tight, the music is memorable and they are beautiful. They have an extensive amount of work out there, I highly suggest spending a day or two and listening to EVERYTHING. It is totally worth it.


1. Negative pH - OQ3.14

Remember how I said Bond was my number 1? Yeah, that was until I heard Neg. pH for the first time. Two man crew and damn are they amazing. This is the music you want to listen to while your gaming, or driving, or cleaning, shit anything. Welcome to Negative pH. Enjoy your stay and buy their music. Or else.


There we go folks, I hope you enjoyed the list, I know I had a blast going back and listening to these amazing songs again and again. Please help support these artists and buy their stuff, follow them and me on twitter and if you can spare a dime, there's a brand new donate button on teh top right of this page. Not saying you have to, but every dollar goes into making this lists better and more frequent. Either way, I will continue to post kick ass lists!

Have a great one, see you all tomorrow!
~ChittyB
twitter@chitty_b
blog@chittyb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment