iTunes Canada

Flux Top 10: Songs that matter to me Pt. 2



So, I'm continuing on the list I started last week(Click here) and although I had one plan in mind, I changed it at the last moment to this version. Basically, I decided to go over the top 10 songs that have always mattered to me, and will always have a special place in my heart. Dated songs? Yes. Amazingly epic awesome songs? Hell yes.

Now, on a separate yet related note, it was mentioned to me in a not so subtle way that I should keep the format I have going on with Friday Top 5 (Click here) and include videos with the list and who am I to disagree with what people want.

If you just wanna skip the rambling I do here and just wanna see the videos, I have set up a playlist on my new Youtube channel (Which, dammit, go and subscribe now!) so click here is you want to just go there.
With all that plugging, here we go!


10. Korn Feat. Limp Bizkit - 'All in the Family'

Like it or hate it, this was the killer song my friends and I rocked this song before hitting up the bar. Hell my friend Cindy and I had this shit memorized with each of us having our own parts. (I got Fred Durst.. mainly cause Cindy wanted to bone Mr. Davis something BAD. Heh) At any rate, this is one of those awesome memory songs that I love to listen to.


9. Machine Head - 'From This Day' 

This was part of my metal induction. I saw this video way back in the day on Much Music's new music program and I fell in freakin' love. Seriously got me hooked. I got the album the next day and loved every song. thus creating a Machine Head fan boy for life. Then, I heard the live version from the 'Hellalive' CD and the quality of the recording alone blew me away. Completely gave me goosebumps. Yup. I really need to see them live. #Bucketlist


8. Disturbed - 'Voices'

Also saw this video on Much Music's new music program (I loved that show) and from the beginning of the song I was engrossed in Disturbed. I got to see them live way back in the day when they were touring Canada with Kittie and that was such an amazing concert that had some great moments that I will always remember. Also, on a side note, I want that shirt David is wearing in the video. I don't care how old this video is, that dudes got style. Just sayin'.


7. Spineshank - 'Beginning of the End'

Spineshank honestly introduced me to my beautiful lady. She had a dude, I had a lady, but the music was a great opening conversation in a small town. Now this song is one she told me she loved. So, being the kick ass DJ I'd throw it on for her every weekend she came in and got flack form all the Country music lovers there. Oh well, I was playing a killer song for a hot friend. Never had a shot back then, but several years later I gots her. Muhahaha music rules.




6. Sevendust - Waffle

Ok, I originally had one song here but then it was pointed out I doubled up from last week so I changed it to another amazing song that I love. Great song with deep lyrics that touch me. Now, listen and love or I will start singing the Barney 'I love you' Song. Really loud.


5. Slipknot - 'Spit it Out'

We got us a double song here! Not only did it enter my party songs on the way to bar singing it while walking (No drinking and driving back then!) but a great song to get all angry and hateful. Been there before, oooh yea. Such fun in so many ways. I will always love this song. Side note, the video is creepy awesome.


4. A Perfect Circle - '3 Libra's'

This just a deeply personal song to me. I don't know really how to explain it, but it strikes a cord deep inside and this song resonates there. Something in the lyrics, and sounds that hypnotize me. If you don't know the song, just listen. Don't do anything, just listen. :)


3. Stone Sour - 'Through Glass'

'OH MY GOD! Corey Taylor on the list again? Really Chitty??' I'm sure that's what you're saying right now, but yes. I am. My personal songs and this one hits me right there man, right in the heart type place. *sniff* Just one of those songs. We've all been there. We've all lived there. Just embrace it and let the music flow.


2. The Verve Pipe - 'Freshman'

Time to get serious here for one moment. Originally, I loved this song. it had a great sound, touching lyrics and it was awesome. but, one night way back in 2000 I was listening to it while I was at work when I got a call from my girlfriend at the time. She let me know that a really great friend of ours was struck and killed by a drunk driver not an hour earlier. Since that moment, this song reminds me of my friend. Always will. So this song needed to be on this list. RIP, you're never far from my thoughts.


1. Roadrunner United - 'Army of the Sun'

Back to the fun side of the list, the number one song I have had as a number one before. (Most romantic metal songs)  Also, beyond all that, the song is just freakin' epic!!!!!!


All done for another week, don't forget to sub up, follow me on twitter, facebook, youtube, umm.. uhhh email. Send presents. I like gifts. I hope you have an awesome long weekend and let me know what you thought of the list. Do you prefer the addition of videos? Is it distracting? I know I don't mind it. Well, except it means I gotta do more work. Oh yea! Don't forget to check out some of my sponsors on the side --->
They got some kick ass deals and download the free iTunes song of the week too!

Happy Hunting!
~Chittyb
twitter@chitty_b
www.facebook.com/chittysblog
blog@chittyb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment